Saturday, November 11, 2017

Magic Moments for Maja Design

Welcome scrappy fans!

It's Maja time and I want to share with you a new winter layout.
Winter is around the corner, fields and meadows are frozen, nature lies down to rest. The best time for creating or?! :-) I have created a very magical mixed media layout.


 I used the amazing Maja Design 'Joyous Winterday' collection - Sparkle + Blizzard
and some stamps (border, stars, saying), corrugated cardboard, cutting dies (deers, trees, stars, snowflakes, Holiday greens - Sizzix), chipboards - Scrap FX, pinecones, feather and flowers. 


 


I  start my backgrounds with a thin clear gesso layer to be able to create a nice watercolour effect on my paper. The picture is always my eye -catching focal point.

some close up's


I love to work with corrugated cardstock for a nature feeling and I'm always a big fan
 of cutting dies
so many possibilities, not only for cards, it's also a wonderful addition for layouts or out off the page projects. The very good quality of Maja papers is perfect for that technique.


a piece of fell gift ribbon for a cozy feeling, some deers with cutting die and a leftover from a structure wallpaper


all Maja papers are printed on both sides, that's very useful, so you can make special effects, the lower star  looks like patchwork




Many thanks for your visit!
Have a nice weekend!
 xo Kerstin xo

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful designer papers - and you have used them so beautifully, Kerstin! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much!